Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jason

I heard some news today. My twin brother let me know that he went to the funeral of the wife of a friend we grew up with. I spent 3+ years in the same town with this guy and our lives since high school have taken different directions. I haven't talked with him in a few years but he's one of those guys that have such an impact on your life that you enjoy remembering your time together. He was always a good friend, even during that time in life when friends cycle into and out of your life like a rolodex. When Jared told me this tragic story about Jason's wife, I broke. The rest of the day, there has been a rock in my stomach, a palpable anxiety that has gripped my core and begun to squeeze. I am aching for Jason.

I don't even know what to say.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can remember the days Alan. I thought of you when I heard this news and wondered if you got word. I think we have all had that feeling. I am traveling to Tullahoma this coming week. I hope to see him. I wish we could all go back to that freshman year and hang out again.

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy.