Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tagged

My buddy, Todd Ramsey, named me in a recent tag post. After reading this, you should go over to Todd's place to see what he's writing about. Always interesting. Good dude. Here goes.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was trying to convince a certain girl to go out with me. I tricked her into saying "yes" and she hasn't caught on yet. Shhhhhh.

5 things on my to-do list today
-Mow yard
-Watch NFL draft
-Call buddy, Tim Avance, to catch up
-Call fence people (We are putting up a fence in our backyard. Fun)
-Finish CPA exam application process

5 places I have traveled
-Williamsburg, VA (Favorite place on the planet)
-Cozumel, Mexico
-New York, New York
-Surfside, TX
-Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field - Very Nice)

5 snacks or treats I enjoy
-Reese's Pieces
-Arby's Jamocha Shake
-Dairy Queen Chocolate Dipped Cone
-Mashed Potatoes
-Anything made by wife

What would I do if I were a billionaire?
Not tell anyone.
Tell my boss that I'm taking a few years off.
Buy my wife a nice dress.
Pave myself a "Gable-only" lane all the way down Maumelle Blvd. I know the Mayor and he'd be cool with it.
Put 10 million in a conservative interest bearing account
Give it away.

Places I've lived
-Lebanon, TN
-Richmond, VA
-Memphis, TN
-Tullahoma, TN
-Little Rock, AR
-Atlanta, GA
-Searcy, AR
-Maumelle, AR

Jobs I've had
-Sandwich assembler, McAlister's Gourmet Deli
-Golf Assistant, Country Club of Little Rock
-Vice President of Dip Cone Management, Dairy Queen of Searcy
-Accountant

Folks I think should answer these questions (hint: you got tagged)
-Doug Gunselman
-Houston Cousin Erin Helm
-Cameron Clark

4 comments:

Steven Baird said...

I was in Searcy last weekend and I was sad to see that the old DQ has closed.

Nathan said...

I guess I didn't get tagged because I was such a jerk about it last time. I hope there are no hard feelings.

MichaelPolutta said...

Hello Alan,

Michael Polutta here - I attend at Burnt Hickory with your mom.

We used to live in Richmond, too. Where did you live? Where did you attend church? I worked at the Circuit City HQ, and we lived in the West End. Attended Hermitage Road (now Three Chopt). Was there from 85-88, then again from 91-99.

Just wondering if our paths have crossed before.

Regards,
Michael

Alan said...

Hey Michael, nice to quasi meet you. We would have been in Richmond from around 1982ish to....I think we moved to Memphis in 1986. I was young so my memories are hazy. I do remember that our next door neighbor's mom smoked but other than that, I'll have to ask the momma. Hermitage Road sounds familiar. Peace.

Hope all is well at Burnt Hickory.