Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tagged Deux

I got tagged again so here are 7 random things about the self.

1. I get things done when I'm angry. If I come home from work in a bad mood (it happens), I'll usually do some dishes or mow the yard. As a corollary, I sing when I do dishes. It is the only place outside of the shower and corporate worship where I'll do this. I think this has something to do with my genetics. Thanks Mom.

2. I'm ticklish on the corner of my right elbow. However, if you try to use this information against me, you might get a closer look at my elbow than you wanted. Capiche?

3. I have an inexplicable appreciation for puns. Formulation of a clever pun requires vast creativity and high levels of brain function. A good pun is welcome in nearly any social setting. Puns are like inside jokes for smart people...

4. There is a special place in my heart for Alfred Hitchcock films. Rear Window is the best there has ever been. Don't even try to argue with me.

5. I am allergic to antiperspirant. Before you get all grossed out, let me finish. There is a chemical in antiperspirant that causes skin irritation in many people. When purchasing deodorant, I have to be careful to buy the brand without the added antiperspirant. Old Spice, cause I'm a real man, baby!

6. I am named after my grandfather on my mother's side. Alan Sowders, Evangelist. Great guy. By the way, "Alan" is the proper spelling. "Allen" is a last name and "Allan" is just trying to be different. (For the record, I am kidding about the name variations. If you or one of your relatives are named Allen or Allan, then I proudly share my name with you, at least on a phonetic level).

7. I am generally late when I travel. Not sure why. I guess my brain flips a switch once I go into vacation mode. Once that happens, I'm not rushing anything. I'll get there when I get there.

Nathan Bland, give me 7...

2 comments:

mmlace said...

I've enjoyed your last two posts, where you fulfilled the tags! That's always a fun way to learn little, interesting tidbits about people that you might otherwise never know.

For example, you may never know when I will need to know that you are allergic to antiperspirant. I will be sure to file that one away!

How's life after tax season??? ;)

Simion said...

Sorry, no video available. Gold-bugs argue that whereas governments Even though I make suggestions, I will always recommend that you research for yourself.