Thursday, June 26, 2008

Radical Idea

Recently, I was told by some dependable sources to listen to a few lessons from a guy in Knoxville named Greg Pinkner. I've been listening to his series on the Gospel of John and, although I've read this particular book about a bagillion times, Pinkner has opened up to me a fairly simple yet radical idea that has, before now, never fully occured to me. Since I was a little guy, I've understood the facts surrounding the arrival of Jesus but I've never camped out in its meaning. The idea that God lived as a human being is the highest idea in all humanity. John says that if there is a God and he has walked among us, then nothing else matters. All else is framed in that concept. I am still chewing on what this means.

If you want a good and really deep survey of John, you may want to check out Pinkner's series on itunes at the Crossroads Service of Fellowship Church in Knoxville. If you're a "notes in your Bible" type person, then you may want to find a Bible like 17 inch margins...

1 comment:

carlinbrooks said...

Alan,

Thanks for suggesting these lessons. I will listen. Check out my latest favorite at PatrickMead.net.

Be good to yourself.

Carlin